Please feel free to use the following forms to contact our department with non-emergency-related requests or reports.


How can I obtain a police report?

The Bellevue Police Department will provide reports during regular business hours. If the collision or incident happened within the last 7 days please call us to make sure the report is ready before you come to in. Reports are free for those involved in the incident/accident, however there are fees associated for documents provided in an open records request.

The following fees only apply to documents provided in an open records request, or request from insurance companies, or attorneys. If you are seeking an open records request, please contact

  • CD (Electronic Media) $10.00 per CD
  • Open Records $0.10 Per Page ($0.15 Double Sided)

Per KRS 189.635 – To obtain a copy of a vehicle accident report, you must be a party to the accident, the parent or guardian of a minor who is party to the accident, insurers of any party who is the subject of the report or an attorney of the parties.

Please fill out and submit the below form to request your police report online. Once we receive your request your report will be emailed to you.
* indicates required field

Obtain Police Report

click to expand (+)

How to leave us a tip...

Tips can be submitted online to the Bellevue Police Department using the following form. If you wish to leave us your name and contact information, please do so, but remember that we respect wishes of anonymity.

* indicates required field

Leave a Tip
I would like to be contacted regarding this tip

click to expand (+)

Submit a request for a vacation or security check...

Please complete this form if you would like to have an officer from the Bellevue Police Department periodically check your home or business while away on vacation or for another reason.

* indicates required field

Request for Vacation/Security Checks

click to expand (+)

Report a resident who has failed to register their vehicle in Kentucky...

When you register your vehicle, Kentucky collects taxes that are used to operate our schools and pave our roads, among other necessary tasks. Some Kentucky residents break the law by registering their vehicles in other states or by failing to register their vehicles in Kentucky. We need your help in reporting these residents so that everyone pays their fair share of maintaining our quality of life.

Kentucky residents beat the system by (1) operating a vehicle in Kentucky for more than 15 days with out-of-state license plates, (2) operating a vehicle for more than 30 days with temporary or other tags, or (3) failing to register their vehicle whatsoever.

By completing the following form, you will send the Bellevue Police Department the minimum required information we need to submit a report to the Kentucky Revenue Cabinet. The Cabinet takes appropriate action to collect taxes due. You do not need to identify yourself to submit this form.

* indicates required field

Report Unregistered Vehicle

click to expand (+)

Notification of street light outage

Street lights that are burned out create dark areas that welcome crime. If you see a street light in need of repair, please complete the form below so that we can correct the problem. The more specific you are in describing the location will help us process the work more quickly, but please note that it can take up to a week or so to complete the repair.

* indicates required field

Street Light Outage

click to expand (+)

File a civilian traffic collision report...

According to Kentucky law, any person operating a vehicle on the highways of this state who is involved in an accident resulting in any property damage exceeding five hundred dollars ($500) in which an investigation is not conducted by a law enforcement officer shall file a written report of the accident with the Department of State Police within ten (10) days of occurrence of the accident upon forms provided by the department. Please visit this link and follow the instructions.

click to expand (+)

What is the Freddie FreeRoader Program?

The motor vehicle usage tax is used to build and maintain Kentucky’s highways. Approximately 60% of the proceeds go to the local community, funding your public schools, fire departments, ambulance services, and libraries, with the remainder contributing to the General Fund. (KRS 186.150)

If you see Kentucky residents abusing the system by operating motor vehicles on Kentucky highways for more than 15 days with out-of-state license plates or driving with expired temporary or permanent tags, please help DOR identify those Freeroaders.

  • Report online
  • Call 1-800-882-8990
  • Mail to:
    Kentucky Department of Revenue
    501 High Street, Station 32
    Frankfort, KY 40620

Please provide as much information as possible. You do not need to identify yourself. The Department of Revenue will take appropriate action to collect taxes due.

To view a video about the Freddie Freeroader Program please click here.

click to expand (+)