616 Poplar Street
Bellevue, Kentucky 41073

Admin: (859) 261 – 1122
Fax: (859) 261 – 0436
Dispatch: (859) 292 – 3622

Police Department


For emergencies, please dial 911.


Click HERE for the 2023 comprehensive report

The Bellevue Police Department provides 24-hour police protection for the City of Bellevue, Kentucky, which is located in the northernmost portion of Campbell County. The department employs 11 full-time sworn officers, as well as a police clerk. Calls for service are dispatched to the officers from the Campbell County Consolidated Dispatch Center (CCCDC), which is located at 998 Monmouth Street, Newport, Kentucky. CCCDC dispatches all calls for police and fire service to all agencies and departments in Campbell County.

The Bellevue Police Department stands committed to providing professional police service to our community.

OFFICE HOURS:  Weekdays 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. 

The Bellevue Police Department is a state accredited agency and stands committed to providing professional police service to our community.


Police Officers

This page provides a comprehensive listing of the law enforcement officials who serve the community of Bellevue, Kentucky. Click on the officers name to send them an email, or contact them at the phone number provided. 

Each officer, regardless of rank, is responsible for routine patrol of the city and for responding to calls for service. Additionally, each officer remains responsible for performing other duties within his area of specialty. These other duties include criminal and crime scene investigations, fingerprinting, bicycle patrol, community-oriented issues, and certain administrative functions.

Every officer has attended the basic academy at the Kentucky Department of Criminal Justice Training (or its equivalent) and is certified with the office for Peace Officer Professional Standards. Each officer is also required to attend a minimum of 40 hours of annual continuing education approved by the Kentucky Law Enforcement Council.

FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions

 Please feel free to use the following forms to contact our department with non-emergency-related requests or reports.

How can I obtain a Police Report?
The Bellevue Police Department will provide reports during regular business hours. If the collision or incident happened within the last 7 days please call us to make sure the report is ready before you come to in. Reports are free for those involved in the incident/accident, however there are fees associated for documents provided in an open records request.

The following fees only apply to documents provided in an open records request, or request from insurance companies, or attorneys. If you are seeking an open records request, please contact jon.mcclain@bellevueky.org

  • CD (Electronic Media) $10.00 per CD
  • Open Records $0.10 Per Page ($0.15 Double Sided)

Per KRS 189.635 – To obtain a copy of a vehicle accident report, you must be a party to the accident, the parent or guardian of a minor who is party to the accident, insurers of any party who is the subject of the report or an attorney of the parties.

    Please fill out and submit the below form to request your police report online. Once we receive your request your report will be emailed to you.
    * indicates required field

    Name: *

    Property Address: *

    Email: *

    Phone Number: *

    Report Number:

    Reporting Officer:

    Date of Incident:


    How to leave us a tip...

      Tips can be submitted online to the Bellevue Police Department using the following form. If you wish to leave us your name and contact information, please do so, but remember that we respect wishes of anonymity.

      * indicates required field


      Your Email: *



      Please type your tip below: *

      I would like to be contacted regarding this tip:

      Submit a request for a vacation or security check...

        Please complete this form if you would like to have an officer from the Bellevue Police Department periodically check your home or business while away on vacation or for another reason.

        * indicates required field

        Name: *

        Email: *


        Property Address: *

        Reason for Checks. *

        Requested Start Date of Checks:*

        Requested End Date of Checks: *

        Please provide any other pertinent information.:

        Report a resident who has failed to register their vehicle in Kentucky...
        When you register your vehicle, Kentucky collects taxes that are used to operate our schools and pave our roads, among other necessary tasks. Some Kentucky residents break the law by registering their vehicles in other states or by failing to register their vehicles in Kentucky. We need your help in reporting these residents so that everyone pays their fair share of maintaining our quality of life.

        Kentucky residents beat the system by (1) operating a vehicle in Kentucky for more than 15 days with out-of-state license plates, (2) operating a vehicle for more than 30 days with temporary or other tags, or (3) failing to register their vehicle whatsoever.

        By completing the following form, you will send the Bellevue Police Department the minimum required information we need to submit a report to the Kentucky Revenue Cabinet. The Cabinet takes appropriate action to collect taxes due. You do not need to identify yourself to submit this form.

          * indicates required field


          Your Email: *

          Make of Vehicle:

          Model of Vehicle:

          License Plate Number: *

          License Plate State: *

          License Year:

          Name of Owner/Operator:

          Address or Location: *

          City/State/Zip: *

          Approximately how long has this vehicle been in Kentucky?*


          Notification of Street Light Outage

          Street lights that are burned out create dark areas that welcome crime. If you see a street light in need of repair, please complete the form below so that we can correct the problem. The more specific you are in describing the location will help us process the work more quickly, but please note that it can take up to a week or so to complete the repair.

            * indicates required field


            Your Email: *

            Address or Location: *

            Notes/Additional Description:

            File a civilian traffic collision report...
            According to Kentucky law, any person operating a vehicle on the highways of this state who is involved in an accident resulting in any property damage exceeding five hundred dollars ($500) in which an investigation is not conducted by a law enforcement officer shall file a written report of the accident with the Department of State Police within ten (10) days of occurrence of the accident upon forms provided by the department. Please download this PDF form, and read the complete instructions contained in it.
            What is the Freddie FreeRoader Program?

            The motor vehicle usage tax is used to build and maintain Kentucky’s highways. Approximately 60% of the proceeds go to the local community, funding your public schools, fire departments, ambulance services, and libraries, with the remainder contributing to the General Fund.  (KRS 186.150

            If you see Kentucky residents abusing the system by operating motor vehicles on Kentucky highways for more than 15 days with out-of-state license plates or driving with expired temporary or permanent tags, please help DOR identify those Freeroaders.

            • Report online
            • Call 1-800-882-8990
            • Mail to:
                Kentucky Department of Revenue
                501 High Street, Station 32
                Frankfort, KY 40620

            Please provide as much information as possible. You do not need to identify yourself. The Department of Revenue will take appropriate action to collect taxes due.

            To view a video about the Freddie Freeroader Program please click here.

            Police Gallery 

            Bellevue Police Awards and Promotions

            Sergeant Jon McClain was Promoted to Lieutenant at the August 8th council meeting

            Officer Ian Kirst receives an award from the Kentucky Department of Highway Safety for seat-belt enforcement

            Chief Estepp Awarded for 30 Years of Service to The City of Bellevue

            Michael Taylor at his promotion to Sergeant in October of 2015

            Jon McClain at his promotion to Sergeant in October of 2015

            Alanna Bass at her promotion to Sergeant in February of 2018

            Officer Brown receiving an award for DUI Enforcement

            (859) 431-8888


            M-F 8:00a-4:30p

            Upcoming Events

            SEND US A MESSAGE