On this page, you’ll find answers to some of the questions we hear most often at the Bellevue city building. Check this page first, and feel free to consult our website map to find an answer to your question. You can always give our municipal staff a call by using the information contained in this directory, or if your question or issue pertains to another organization, check this page for hyperlinks to other websites.

Find the answer to your question below by clicking the plus sign to the left of each question.

Do I need a permit for a yard or garage sale?

es. A permit is required to have a yard or garage sale. No more than two (2) permits may be issued to one resident and/or household during a calendar year. There is $2.00 charge for a sale held over two (2) consecutive days.

May I put a sign on a utility pole or a tree to advertise my yard or garage sale?


Am I required to obtain a permit for a shed, pool, or fence?

Yes. A permit is required for a shed, pool, and/or fence. Check this page for the PDF application or visit the city offices to obtain one

Am I required to have a property survey to install a fence?

Bellevue does not require property owners to have a survey completed. It is a good idea, however, to obtain one if your fence will sit on the property line.

Do I need a permit to pour a driveway?

For an existing driveway repair, no permit is needed. For new driveways, a permit is required.

Do I need a permit to replace my roof?

No. You do not need a permit to replace a roof, but if you live in an historic district, you are required to obtain a Certificate of Appropriateness (COA).

Does the City of Bellevue have a copy of my property survey?

No. Bellevue does not maintain a copy of property surveys.

May I park my RV or boat in my driveway?

You may park your RV or boat only for the purposes of loading and unloading and for no more than 24 hours. Boats, trailers, and RVs can only be stored in the rear yard of any premises. At no time shall more than one of these vehicles, or similar-type equipment, be permitted in any rear yard area unless it is in a completely enclosed building.

Do I need an occupational license to perform work in Bellevue?

es. Every business operating in Bellevue must complete an occupational license application for Bellevue and Campbell County. Check this page or call (859) 431-8888 for Bellevue; check this page or call (859) 292-3884 for Campbell County.

616 Poplar Street,
Bellevue,KY 41073

P: (859) 431-8888

F: (859)308-3856

Hours: M-F
7:30am - 4:30pm

Welcome to Bellevue!

It is my honor to welcome you to Bellevue’s home on the web. Whether you are a long-time resident, a new family moving to town, someone interested in opening your business in our historic city, or just planning to make a visit, this website will help you learn more about all our city has to offer.

Mayor Charlie Cleves


Quick Links

Links of Interest
Community Feedback
Financial Tax Info
Forms and Permits

How can we help you?

5 + 14 =